2018 Camping Information
Camping passes may be purchased through Eventbrite
using the button below.
Friday Sept. 21, 12 p.m. – 8 p.m., Saturday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Welcome to Hot Rod Rock & Rumble (R&R) at Pikes Peak International Raceway (PPIR). We hope you have a wonderful time and enjoy the weekend’s festivities. Information and policies can be found in this guide. Please review the Code of Conduct. We reserve the right to implement new rules or regulations that we feel are in the best interest of our guests, staff, and entertainers at any time.
If you arrive outside of the camping booth check-in hours you will not be allowed to enter the camping area. There is a KOA campground in Fountain, Colorado just 10 minutes north of PPIR off exit #132.
EVENT DATES / TIMES / LOCATION
Festival Ticketing Open:
9/21 from 12:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
9/22 from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Address: 16650 Midway Ranch Rd. Fountain, CO 80817 (I-25 Exit #122)
Phone number: 719-382-7223
Campers may arrive to PPIR using exit #122 from Interstate 25. Upon exiting the interstate proceed through the main gate and turn right into the front loop road (see map). Campers will pull up to the green line on the map or as far up in line as possible, park and walk up to the camping registration booth. Please have your identification ready for R&R staff to verify your registration. Please follow directions to pull into your assigned space.
The event ends late night on Saturday with the after party. All campers are required to leave the camp grounds by no later than Sunday, September 23rd at 11:00 a.m.
RV Campsite Power Availability Chart:
WRISTBANDS AND STICKERS
ANY vehicles parked in the camping area must have the R&R camping sticker on the windshield or will be towed. You will pick up your sticker(s) upon arrival at the camping registration booth. Each person entering the festival or camping area will be required to have a wristband.
YOUR CAMPING AREA
Your camping spot size and location will be determined by PPIR R&R Staff depending on your vehicle and/or tent. Any one spot will not exceed the size of your primary vehicle (camper / RV / car with tent / etc.) plus some room for a table, chairs, BBQ, etc. Camping space is limited and being courteous and efficient with the use of space will be required. You will be shown where your space is by R&R staff upon arrival. You MUST stay within your designated space. You may park a personal vehicle, use your outdoor furniture, metal fire pits, BBQ’s, etc., however, ALL of your belongings must stay within the confines of your purchased camping space. Be courteous to your neighbors and keep your noise level down in the camping areas especially at night and in the morning.
All alcohol purchased in the festival areas must remain in the festival areas and cannot be brought into the camping areas. All outside alcohol that you bring with you for your campsite may not leave the camping area. THIS IS A STATE LIQUOR LAW AND MUST BE FOLLOWED. Thank you.
IN AND OUT PRIVILEGES
Campers will be allowed in and out of the camping areas 24/7.
Please follow instructions to find your assigned space. The camping areas are “Dry Camping” as there are no dump stations available on site at all. No dumping on site is allowed.
IF YOU PLAN TO HAVE GUESTS AT YOUR CAMPSITE, PLEASE BE AWARE AND PREPARE: If family or friends will join you in the camping area please keep in mind that any vehicle in the camping area must have a camping sticker. All persons entering the festival or camping must have purchased an event ticket and will need a wristband.
You may use your generator at anytime. If a generator is so loud that it is disturbing camping neighbors at night R&R reserves the right to have you turn off your generator.
CAMPFIRES & BBQ’S
BBQ grills and contained metal fire pits are allowed. No campfires shall be made on the ground. Any camper with a fire pit or BBQ grill must have a fire extinguisher in their camp.
Raceway restrooms, portable toilets and hand washing stations are located throughout the event and camping areas.
Showers are in the South Garage Restrooms.
RV/Motorhome Campers: Dogs are permitted in the RV camping area only and must be on a leash. Dogs and other pets are not allowed in the vendor, entertainment, or hot track areas of the event.
Tent Campers: NO dogs allowed. If an animal is found in your tent or vehicle, Animal Control will be called.
There is a small dog park located near the camping area.
There is NO POTABLE tap water on site. Please plan ahead and make sure to bring plenty of water for drinking and cooking. Water will be available for sale in the event area.
Ice will be available to purchase at the Camping Store (located at the PPIR Info Center) Friday night and throughout Saturday during specific times. Please see your camping information for details.
ATM’s will be available in the event areas.
Lock and secure your vehicles. Secure your valuables and keep them out of plain sight. Security will be onsite 24/7, PPIR & Hot Rod Rock & Rumble are not responsible for stolen items. R&R is not responsible for loss or damage to your vehicle while on event premises.
Always be respectful to your neighbors, and their campsite. Be kind to each other, share space, and help someone else who is in need. Cover your tent stakes so people don’t cut themselves on the sharp edges.
CODE OF CONDUCT
All guests attending the R&R are expected to comply with the following Code of Conduct. We are committed to provide a safe, comfortable and family atmosphere at R&R. Our team will proactively intervene to support an environment where ALL GUESTS SHALL:
- Be respectful to all other guests, fans, participants, event officials.
- Not willfully and maliciously disturb or interfere with a guest(s)/employee(s) enjoyment of the event.
- Wear wristbands at all times, no exceptions! Show their ticket/wristband/badge or other applicable credential when requested. Ensure wristband is visible and easily recognized. If your wristband becomes damaged or needs to be replaced, this may only be done by the Box Office, or other Event Staff if after Box Office closes.
- Drink alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired or intoxicated guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner. Drunk and disorderly guests will be escorted by security and removed from the event immediately.
- Fighting of any kind will constitute immediate removal.
- Refrain from using offensive language, making obscene gestures, wearing obscene or indecent clothing, throwing projectiles of any kind and possessing prohibited items.
- No clothing which contains profanity or any clothing, accessories, or regalia that conveys membership in, affiliation with, support of, or association with a criminal street gang (criminal street gang as defined in Penal Code 186.22(f) or other similarly oriented group or association prone to violence, criminal acts, or hate and racially biased based beliefs.
- Refrain from displays of affection not appropriate in a public or family setting.
- Do not enter the backstage area, or interfere with the progression of the event.
- Comply with the direction and instructions of event/venue staff.
- No soliciting money or contributions for any purpose.
- Be responsible for your pet(s) at all times. Dogs are required to be on a leash at all times and must remain in the RV campground. For the wellbeing of the public and other animals, the event reserves the right to eject dogs from the event if deemed aggressive. Dogs are not allowed in the festival area.
- Refrain from any other conduct deemed by the venue to be inappropriate to the peace and good order of the event.
Guests who are in possession of prohibited items may be refused entry.
- Illegal items will be confiscated and turned over to the police.
- If a guest is found inside the venue with a prohibited item, the item will be confiscated and the guest may be ejected from the event/facility.
- All handouts, materials, signs or symbols visible to guests of R&R should have authorization by event officials. Without proper authorization, subjects may be asked to leave the event by Event Staff.
- R&R has the right to refuse services to anyone. The following items are not permitted in the event area:
- Ice chests or coolers are only allowed in the camping area, not in the festival area
- Outside food and drink are only allowed in the camping area, not in the festival area
- Alcohol, Illegal Drugs
- Laser Pens and Pointers
- Professional Photography Equipment unless granted a media credential in advance.
- Weapons of any kind (i.e. guns, knives, pepper spray, teargas, handcuffs, stun guns, etc.)
- Any other item deemed inappropriate or dangerous by the venue in its sole discretion.
- Selling of items without proper vendor approval.
This list is subject to change at any time by event production management. Thank you for your cooperation.
NOTICE: R&R is not responsible for cars or personal property lost or stolen or for injury to persons, animals, cars, or personal property on the premises.